Java Files:

Here are all the Java files this site has available for you to download. To download the file, simply right click the "Download" link of the game/program and select "Save As". Or you can always just click on it, and if your browser doesn't attempt to open it in itself, you should get a similar prompt. Programs are written by me unless specified otherwise.

batari BASIC Sprite and Playfield Editor (06/2020)
batari BASIC (bB) is a programming language that was created to make writting games for the Atari 2600 easier than what traditionally required the user to write everything in 6502 assembly. The playfield (background) is set by creating a block of code starting with "playefield:" and ending with "end". Inside the block of code, "X" denotes a populated pixel and "." for an upopulated pixel. Player sprites are similar that they start with "player#:" and end with "end". The difference is that the player sprites are mirrored vertically in the code and use 0's and 1's to specify pixels status.

I wrote this application to make it easier to just point and click on a grid to generate the code statements with the correct on/off flag as well as the correct orientation. You can also copy in existing code blocks and load them to edit if needed.

Download v0.2 (06-2020) | GitHub | Screen shot

Zombie Attack Beta v0.1 (09/2020)
I fixed the build process of this game after having it sit dormant for about 3+ years. Now that the game finally buildable again, I figured why not actually release a playable version of it. Nothing else has been changed since it's last update in 2017 but there was never an actual playable release back then.

This is a pretty early version of the game with a whole bunch of quirkiness to it. There are only four game screens currently but everything on those screens should work (more or less).

Download Beta v0.1.0 | Link to Release page on GitHub | Screen shots and Project Info

Wry Parser (02/2019)
This is the release of the Wry source code parsing application. This application reads in the the original Wry QBasic source code and outputs the data files into different formats so the game can be loaded into different game engines. Version 1.0 curently only supports exporting to my Wry COBOL engine. These output data files are required to play the game. It's a very specific and mostly useless project but was cool to make none the less.

One of the cool things with the parser is that there's a debug flag you can add ("-p" or "--play") that allows you to play the current parsed source code in it's own Wry game engine. (Useful to help further track down parsing errors, or just messing around)

Download v1.0 | Link to Release page on GitHub | Screen shot